bananatricky

Sitting on the edge with my Kindle

American Gods
One for the Wicked
Karina Cooper
Kill Shot
Liliana Hart
Dangerous Desires (Collection) - C.J. Lyons,  Debra Webb,  Vicki Hinze,  VR Marks,  Peggy Webb,  Regan Black,  Kathy Carmichael OK, I've only read the first two but enjoyed both very much.

The Amazon blurb

Chasing Shadows by CJ Lyons
Going undercover, playing the part of a disgraced former Marine, is easy for Chase Westin--until a Christmas Eve mission takes him back to his hometown and face to face with his estranged brother. When KC, an undercover FBI agent, flies into Chase's life with her Doc Martens, purple, punk-rock hair, and Hollywood-hype leather and chains, Chase realizes that falling in love is more dangerous than catching bullets.

Dirty by Debra Webb
Jackie Mercer can't abide deception. A woman who single-handedly built the Mercer Detective Agency from the ground up has a right to expect honesty in a relationship. Tell that to the creep who, only this morning, she thought might be Mr. Right. Wrong! Her day only gets worse when an ominous message arrives accompanied by the photo of a man she hasn't seen in ten years: You were the last one to see him alive. She's in real trouble when a second message, this one including a dead body, drops into the mix. Jackie does what any smart Texas woman would do: she kicks butt and takes names, while the mystery spiraling around her long lost lover and her attraction to Derrick Dawson plunge her into a tangled web of shocking secrets and deadly deceptions.

Chasing Shadows was great, fast-paced and well-written I will be looking out for more by CJ Lyons - definitely up there with the better military-special ops/thriller romances.

Dirty was a different change of pace with a sassy female PI, 45 with a son at University, uncovering a 10 year old mystery.

I will review the others later