bananatricky

Sitting on the edge with my Kindle

American Gods
One for the Wicked
Karina Cooper
Kill Shot
Liliana Hart
Love at First Bite - Sherrilyn Kenyon, L.A. Banks, Susan Squires, Ronda Thompson Only read for the Sherrilyn Kenyon ss.

It was pleasant enough, Dracula's daughter gets married to the son of his greatest enemy. A Romeo and Julietesque tragedy unfolds but he has bound their souls together - when he becomes a Dark-Hunter she too "rises from the grave" and becomes immortal.

She is young and innocent of her father's true nature, in the space of a single night she finds herself buried (alive) in a grave and then watches her husband brutally slaughter her loving father. Understandably, she runs away and refuses to have anything to do with her husband.

Fast-forward 500 years and her husband is opening a Dracula theme park in Transylvania, complete with Vlad Dracul's mummified head. Disgusted she goes back to confront him.

Both learn that things are not always what they seem and learn to look at things from the other's point of view.

All's well that ends well.

I quite liked this, the story had some good bones and could easily have been a longer novella/novel with more character development and back story. One of her better ones in my opinion.