bananatricky

Sitting on the edge with my Kindle

American Gods
One for the Wicked
Karina Cooper
Kill Shot
Liliana Hart
Thrill Me to Death  - Roxanne St. Claire Amazon blurb: Max Roper never lets emotion get in the way of his job -- not since the tragic shooting that killed his fiancée's father. Now the former DEA agent is a Bullet Catcher, and he's managed to block out Cori's bitter goodbye -- and their sizzling passion. Those dangerous desires come back with a vengeance when Max is assigned to protect a recently widowed heiress: who turns out to be Cori. But Max must also discover his ex's dark secret...and they both know she can't hide anything from him.
Her luxury lifestyle suggests that Cori has gone from being a trophy wife to a merry widow, but nothing could be further from the truth. Suspicious of her billionaire husband's sudden death, she hires a bodyguard. But her protector is the one man who can melt her every defence -- the one man she blames for her deepest sorrow, the one man whose six-feet four-inches of solid muscle ignites reckless passion in her. And as they close in on a killer who hides in plain view, their high-stakes affair could cost her everything...including her life.

A solid 3 stars. I thought there were too many similarities to the first book villain-wise two villains with separate agendas and I thought there was little suspense about the identity of the villain.

The heroine was a little too cookie-cutter similar to so many other heroines in these books - doesn't listen to what her bodyguard tells her, tendency to blurt out secrets to everyone, goes off alone etc.

Will probably read all of them but a bit less enthusiastic than I was after the first book.