bananatricky

Sitting on the edge with my Kindle

American Gods
One for the Wicked
Karina Cooper
Kill Shot
Liliana Hart
Magic Rises (Kate Daniels, #6) - Ilona Andrews I loved it.

I could go on about the plot - but it's new and I don't want to spoil it for others. Suffice it to say that Kate, Curran and a team go to Eastern Europe to act as impartial bodyguards for a preganant wolf princess - when they get there things are not as they first appear and soon the team from the Keep (it's a bit like the Chalice from the Palace or the vessel with the pestle) are being attacked from all sides.

The novel hsa it all - humour (references to withdrawing Curran's man card and imagining Jim in a dress immediately spring to mind), cross-referencing what is one of the greatest films ever made (The Princess Bride - because I still haven't got round to reading the book), old favourites like Derek, Andrea and Aunt B, new characters, adventure, fights and tragedy.

My only criticism is that I wish it had been four times as long so that I could have enjoyed it for longer. Also I wnated to hear more about all the characters old and new, I liked the sound of Keira (hello tasty) and I missed Jim (I expect he was busy with Dali).

Of course now I have to wait FOR EVER for the next book (sigh).