bananatricky

Sitting on the edge with my Kindle

American Gods
One for the Wicked
Karina Cooper
Kill Shot
Liliana Hart
Virtually Perfect - Sadie Mills First off let me say that I am a stingy marker - 75% of my books are rated 3*, it just means I liked it. About a quarter of my books are rated 4* - I only have 1 5* book out of 1400 rated.

With that in mind I am surprised at the low scores from other readers. Maybe it is because it is set in England and some of the Englishness may not translate well?

I agree that the the changes of POV were occasionally confusing - not so much between the two characters but when the narrator suddenly got philosophical about dating sites or something like that. Also the third person narrator occasionally told us something which 'sounded' wrong - should have been first person.

But otherwise I liked the story, the secondary characters weren't too quirky (Four Weddings and a Funeral = OTT)and the dramas/back stories were plausible and well thought through.

I do agree with one reviewer who said if one of them had just asked "what's wrong?" they could have saved themselves a lot of angst but then where would the plot be?

Overall, I enjoyed the story - both MCs had flaws and unlovely aspects which made them more believable. I will definitely be looking out for other books by this author.