bananatricky

Sitting on the edge with my Kindle

American Gods
One for the Wicked
Karina Cooper
Kill Shot
Liliana Hart
The Assassin's Curse - Cassandra Rose Clarke And another 4 star review - I've gone soft.

So I love this story pf the Pirate captain's daughter who runs away from an arranged marriage to a rival clan's Captain's son. The rival clan call down an assassin to avenge their honour and she is on the run.

By a strange twist of fate she saves the assassin from a snake and suddenly he is bound to protect her - but the binding is a curse which means they can never be far from eahc other without him bein gin terrible pain.

Together they travel to try and break the curse.

I loved Ananna, not beautiful or educated, she has a natural intelligence and is a skilled fighter. I also loved the way she spoke.

Neji, the assassin, is a whole different kettle of fish. Badly scarred on the face he obviously has "issues" yet to be revealed and a history that we hear little of.

My only concern is that this 'concludes' in the next book whereas reading the book felt the first in a longer series - maybe like the Belgariad or something where there are lots of places to visit and tasks to accomplish - I don't know how it is all going to be wrapped up in one more book.